|1232 E. Magnolia St.
Lakeland, Florida 33801
1232 E. Magnolia St.,
Lakeland, FL 33801
The Care Line (863) 603-9110
- 9 AM – 5 PM
- Monday through Friday
Connects caregivers to vital information and community resources that offer assistance and guidance. Simply phone if you have questions about adult day care, deaf/hearing services, adaptive equipment repair, financial aid, legal issues, lending medical equipment, low-income prescription aid, memory diagnosis centers, professional homecare agencies, locating a support group, finding a hospice, assisted living facilities, retirement communities, Veteran’s Caregiver Benefits or other caregiver’s questions.
New Caregiver Welcome Bags
Polk Caregivers delivers Welcome Bags filled with products, promotional items, and information regarding services those new to caregiving will find very useful. The bags themeselves are reuseable grocery shopping totes handy in many situations. Due to the limits of volunteers, the Welcome bags are delivered only in the Lakeland area. Call the office at 863 603-9110 if you or someone you know is new to caregiving and could benefit from getting connected to caring resources.
- Caring for Your Parents, is a year long iniative with a support group open to the general public that meets the third Monday of each month from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, Watson Clinic Foundation Conference Room, corner of Belle Vista and Lakeland Hills Blvd. Please call to make reservations, 863- 603-9110. (New groups begin periodically.)
Confused? Frustrated? Overwhelmed? Not sure what you know and don’t know? Caregiving Classes have several modules that address common caregiving problems.
- Learning All About it – General Overview
- It Takes Two – Changes in Communication and Relationships
- Lifestyle Adjustments – Strategies for Safety and Change
- Assisting with Personal Care
- Medical Management – Tricks of the Trade
- What About Me? Taking Care of Yourself
- Navigating the Maze – How to Find Programs and Services
- Comfort Care – Treatment and Legal Decisions
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Training
Polk Family Caregivers traditionally hosts several annual caregiver conferences. There is never any charge for conference admissions.
The Family Caregiver Summit and Community Expo This all day event hosts hundreds of caregivers and features numerous expert presenters speaking on a wide range of topics, health and wellness vendors, and displays of new innovations helpful in long-term and chronic care.
The Alzheimer's Summit hosted with collaborating partner, the SunCoast Gerontology Center of University of Florida, Tampa, preseted the latest ideas for best care, research about Alzheimer's and Dementia, clinical trials and information regarding local resources.
Medicare and You presentations are offered throughout the county during the annual open enrollment period for Medicare, answering questions and presenting non-biased help about Medicare choices.
If you, your employer, church or civic club would like to know more about the programs, services or issues surrounding chronic healthcare or family caregiving; Polk Family Caregivers has speakers available. Just phone the office at (863) 603-9110 to request a speaker.